Wednesday, September 30, 2009

the process of abstraction (the blobs)

Meet the blobs!
I think I have more of an appreciation for abstract art because of the whole creative process that each artist uses to come up with new abstract peices.
My abstract paintings started out as bruises but now they have developed into something different. I see these paintings turning into abstract spills with unexpected colors... I'm still experimenting with other media and I'll have a few more peices to photograph as well..




Keep in mind these guys aren't done yet so if I dont like how they're turning out, then I might just gesso over them..
But so far, Im diggin them..
Im doing a lot of underpainting in this one so that I can kinda see how the color will play out against the blobs..

No comments:

Post a Comment